We’ve announced that this year’s Doors Open Jamestown event is scheduled for Saturday, January 16, from 10 am to 5 pm at varying locations across the city.
Doors Open Jamestown features free admission to greater Jamestown area attractions, raffle prizes at each location, restaurant specials, and more. The event is sponsored by Jamestown Up Close, Jamestown Renaissance Corporation, and Jamestown Community Chamber of Commerce with support from the participating attractions and merchants.
“Not everyone knows that the exhibits and features of our local attractions change quite regularly,” said Edwin Rodriguez Jr., events and marketing associate for Jamestown Up Close. “This event is for our area residents to get out and about with their friends and family to learn about some of the great features we have to offer here,” said Rodriguez. 16 local attractions and nearly two dozen restaurants and retail stores partner together for this annual event to celebrate the region.
“It’s great to see so many local residents learn something new about their hometown,” said Joni Blackman, executive director for the Fenton Historical Society. “This has turned into a festive day for Jamestown and the greater region. I have yet to hear a complaint, even when the weather is stormy,” said Blackman. Area attractions aren’t the only ones who participate in Doors Open Jamestown. The event also encourages various restaurants, bars, and retail shops to work together to co-promote one another now and in the future.
2016 Participating Attractions:
- Audubon Nature Center, 1600 Riverside Road, 716-569-2345
- Busti Grist Mill, 3443 Lawson Road, Jamestown, 716-483-0134
- Chautauqua County Sports Hall of Fame, 15 W. Third Street, 716-484-2272
- Dykeman-Young Gallery and Vintage Emporium, 100 E. Second Street, 716-499-9404
- Fenton Historical Center, 67 Washington Street, 716-664-6256
- Infinity Visual and Performing Arts Program, 115 E. Third Street, 716-664-0991
- Jamestown Savings Bank Arena, 319 W. Third Street, 716-484-2624
- Jamestown Gateway Train Station, 211-217 W. Second Street, 716-483-3041
- Lucile M. Wright Air Museum, 300 N. Main Street, 716-664-9500
- Lucille Ball Little Theater, 18 E. Second Street, 716-483-1095
- Lucy-Desi Center for Comedy, 2 W. Third Street, 716-484-0800
- Martz Observatory, 176 Robin Hill Road, (Frewsburg) 716-569-3689
- James Prendergast Library, 509 Cherry Street, 716-484-7135
- Reg Lenna Center for the Arts, 116 E. Third Street, 716-664-2465
- Robert H. Jackson Center, 305 E. Fourth Street, 716-483-6646
- Roger Tory Peterson Institute, 311 Curtis Street, 716-665-2473
“Doors Open Jamestown is a day to celebrate the wonderful amenities our community has here all year long,” said Frank Besse, co-owner of Brazil Craft Beer and Wine Lounge. “I think Brazil complements these amenities well with our unique selection of great beer and wine in a relaxing and characterful setting,” said Besse. Participating restaurants and retail locations are encouraged to offer unique menu items and special pricing for the day.
2016 Participating Restaurants:
- Brazil Craft Beer & Wine Lounge, 10 E. Fourth Street, 716-708-2471
- Sully’s Pub inside the Jamestown Savings Bank Arena,
- Lori’s Kountry Kafe, 321 Washington Street, 716-484-2777
- Caribbean Diner and Foods, 207 W. Fourth Street, 561-805-0098
- Lisciandro’s Restaurant, 207 N. Main Street, 716-487-8925.
- Fresco Pizza and Wings, 2-6 E. Second Street, 716-664-6464
- Babalu Cafe, 16 E. Second Street, 716-708-6077
- Gialy’s, 210 Pine Street, 716-484-4330
- Taco Hut, 203 E. Third Street, 716-488-0226
- Jones Valhalla Restaurant, 306 N. Main Street, 716-338-9721
- The Cherry Lounge, 326 Cherry Street, 716-664-4359
- Harvest Time Cafe, 108 W. Third Street, 716-708-6250
- Forte, 114 E. Third Street, 716-484-6063
- Brick City Market and Deli, 101 W. Fourth Street, 716-484-4844
- Havana Cuban Cafe and Pizzeria, 212 N. Main Street, 716-720-4296
- Landmark Restaurant, 516 W. Fourth Street, 716-720-5633
- Jamestown Wine Cellar, 309 N. Main Street, 716-483-0599
- Hometown Grill, 718 W. Third Street, 716-720-5033
- Candy Bar, 19 Main Street (Frewsburg), 716-922-4092
- Boomerang Cafe, 897 Southwestern Drive (Busti), 716-483-5555
2016 Participating Retailers:
- Nouveau Home Boutique, 1 W. Fourth Street, 716-487-9824
- Liquid Monkey, 16 E. Third Street, 716-488-1370
- Jamestown Hydroponics, 211 N. Main Street, 716-640-9460
- Gifts, Decor, and More, 205 Cherry Street, 716-720-5896
- Discount Discs/Collector’s Paradise, 38 N. Main Street, 716-499-6887
- Jock Shop/Jamestown Cycle Shop, 10 Harrison Street, 716-664-4112
- BioDome Project, 207 Pine Street, 716-489-7668
- Phoenix Rising Wellness Studio, 212 Pine Street, 716-708-6556
- Trinity Guitars, 800 W. Third Street, 716-665-4490
- Chautauqua Music, 110 E. Second Street, 716-484-0179
More information is coming soon! Don’t forget to follow Doors Open Jamestown on Facebook to get up-to-date information and notifications on the event.