Art Submissions/Call for Art
The call for art for Jamestown Artscape is now open until February 24, 2024. Before submitting to ArtScape, please review the schedule below to ensure you will be able to participate in all of the ArtScape activities if your artwork is selected.
ArtScape Artist/Sponsor Schedule*
|December 1, 2023||Art submissions/sponsorship opens open|
|February 24, 2024||Artist/sponsor submissions deadline|
|March 9||Artist notified of acceptance|
|March 9-25||Artwork delivered to and picked up from photographer|
|April & May||Banners are produced|
|May 1-4||Original Artwork is delivered to Chautauqua Art Gallery|
|May 10-June 29||Artwork on display at Chautauqua Art Gallery|
|May 17||Artists Reception at Chautauqua Art Gallery|
|June||Banners are installed throughout the month|
*subject to change as needed
Submissions for ArtScape will open December 1, 2023 with a deadline of February 24, 2024.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces of their own personal work for consideration. Submitting work on behalf of or for another person will result in disqualification. This includes posthumous entries.
- Artists of any age and level of expertise may apply.
- Artists do not have to be residents of Jamestown, but should reside within Chautauqua County or within a 35 mile radius of Jamestown.
- Artwork must be delivered to Chautauqua Art Gallery ready to hang.
- Each piece must have hanging hardware on the back. D-rings strongly preferred. (Please, no sawtooth hangers.)
- Artwork not vertically oriented or not easily meeting the dimensions of banner design will have bars of color added surrounding the image where necessary by the designer to fit the allotted space.
- Vertically oriented artwork will fit best for the size of the banners. An aspect ratio of 3:5 is optimal. Maximum image size on each banner is 24 inches wide by 40 inches high.
- Artwork imagery must be appropriate for a public community space.
- Artwork must be ORIGINAL. Images that have a copyright will not be accepted, i.e. cartoon or Anime characters, images published in magazines or newspapers, etc. Please no images depicting things that hold trademarks or copyrights.
- Although all care will be taken to protect your artwork, Chautauqua Art Gallery and The Jamestown Renaissance Corporation will not be responsible for any damage or breakage.
- Banners will remain in place from July through the remainder of the year. On some occasions, some banners may be temporarily removed as other downtown events require banners for short periods of time.Please contact Chautauqua Art Gallery or The Jamestown Renaissance Corporation with questions. ArtScape is organized by The Jamestown Renaissance Corporation and is supported by local sponsors.
ArtScape Exhibition Information
Exhibit Location(s): Outdoor Gallery Downtown Jamestown | Chautauqua Art Gallery, 318 N. Main Street, Jamestown N.Y. 14701